AREYOUFAMILIAR.BLOGSPOT.COM
WE'LL TAKE YOU DOWNTOWN 


Friday, September 02, 2005

I see things

As a result of a rather hectic week, I am going to bed early, missing the Chromatics show, and posting a very short update.

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah are at the Horseshoe in Toronto tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it.

---

I was lucky enough to interview Jonathan Vance last night. The results of the chat will be posted by the end of the weekend. We covered everything from mice infestations and master-carpenter Rabbis, to "being there," and even got around to talking about music for a bit:

Jonathan Vance:
Did Plato have an idea about punk?

Are You Familiar:
I think Plato was pretty punk rock, although I think if Plato had an idea of punk, he kept it underground to ensure it wasn't commercialized.

---

Today: My indie disco. Tomorrow: My electro disco. Note the lack of additional information here; my eyes are glazing over and I am thinking of nothing but crawling into bed and finishing off the Coupland novel I picked up last week.

New Young Pony Club - Jerk Me
The Shocking Pinks - In The Labyrinth
Measles-Mumps-Rubella - Fountain Of Youth
Abe Vigoda - Sophomore

---

This site was linked by LA.com a few days ago. And more love must go to Onelouder for taking notice of the Broken Social Scene review.