AREYOUFAMILIAR.BLOGSPOT.COM
WE'LL TAKE YOU DOWNTOWN 


Saturday, January 21, 2006

This House (Those Homes)

When I was young, living in South Africa made all kinds of impressions on me -- the colour of the grass, the way the trees and the sidewalks and roads looked, the smells and the sounds. It was an indelible impression, and every so often something comes by that triggers inexplicable nostalgia.

The video for Aranda by Egoexpress turned out to be one of those triggers. I don't know why, because it is obviously not South Africa, but it's still a shot of a very nice street.

Egoexpress - Aranda
WATCH: MP4

---

Chromewaves referenced the AYF? shoegaze retrospective, and linked to a bulletin board post about a story in Playboy which calls for a resurgence of interest in the genre. Surreal.

I will try add parts six and seven to the retrospective next week (but I always say that).

---

Another solid music resource, My Old Kentucky Blog linked here last week. They were covering Man Man and quoted AYF? for the band's description. Head over there for a few MP3s from Man Man's new album.