AREYOUFAMILIAR.BLOGSPOT.COM
WE'LL TAKE YOU DOWNTOWN 


Wednesday, September 14, 2005

One hundred

Thanks to everyone who has been reading this shit for the last - almost - year and a half. This is my one hundredth post.

Given, for the majority of that time, this was nothing but me writing down my obtuse and strange ideologies -- so at least it's a bit more interesting now (you know, you can skip the words and just download the music, or click the links). To the four of you who have been here from the start, I appreciate the patience.

---

The Paper Cranes will be opening for Wolf Parade in Victoria, and My Project: Blue in both Victoria and Vancouver:

SEPT 23 2005

WOLF PARADE
w/The Paper Cranes
+ Dante Decaro (ex-Hot Hot Heat)

Lucky Bar
Victoria, BC

Tickets $12 at Ditch Records

---

Black Moth Super Rainbow have had quite a bit of independent press, but until recently, I'd never heard of them. Their music is a bizarre mix of electronics and analog sounds. Cut up drums, vocoded vocals, and lots of ambient texture. Of these tracks, the newest - Lost, Picking Flowers In The Woods - strikes me as the strongest, although the others are also worth checking out. Looking forward to their new EP:

Black Moth Super Rainbow - Lost, Picking Flowers In The Woods
Black Moth Super Rainbow - I Think It Is Beautiful You Are 256 Colors Too
Black Moth Super Rainbow - I Am The Alphabet
Black Moth Super Rainbow - Boatfriend
Black Moth Super Rainbow - Trees And Colors And Wizards

(Oh, and how cool is that You Can't Do That On Television splash page for their website? Alanis was on that show.)

---

Another one from Jackson's upcoming album:
Jackson And His Computer Band - Hard Tits

An older tune from Man Man, because they're so damn good. Their videos too:
Man Man - I, Manface

Coachwhips freak out through a megaphone:
Coachwhips - Body And Brains