AREYOUFAMILIAR.BLOGSPOT.COM
WE'LL TAKE YOU DOWNTOWN 


Tuesday, June 21, 2005

The Problem With Music

Datarock - I Used To Dance With My Daddy (Kaptein Kaliber Remix)
I talked about Datarock a few weeks ago. This remix takes the original track, and turns it into a stoned, shuffling, housecoat-wearing product of the Madchester generation. When I was still in school, I used to get high, drink a couple Neo Citran, sit in the corner of my apartment and eat chips in the dark. My roommates found this strange. I have no idea why this song makes me think about those days.

Wilderness - Arkless
Wilderness were just written up in Pitchfork. It's no surprise, given the strength of their music. Haven't stopped listening to them for weeks.

Shout Out Louds - The Comeback (Ratatat Remix)
Hype buzzes around this band. I'm still not convinced, although this remix (by Ratatat, who I am generally not a huge fan of) works well.

Grizzly Bear - Fix It
Underappreciated and underexposed.

---

Lana just sent me an interesting diatribe on the realities of the music industry, written by Steve Albini. The guy is a legend when it comes to music production, although his own music is far from my thing. Actually, most of what he produces isn't my thing either, but whatever. He's not stupid: The Problem With Music by Steve Albini.

---

Shout out to One Louder NYC for sending some traffic this way.