AREYOUFAMILIAR.BLOGSPOT.COM
WE'LL TAKE YOU DOWNTOWN 


Sunday, September 05, 2004

Dance with me (don't dance with me)

DANCE

Bloc Party - Finally the album is almost ready. Sounds great. And they're English!

Moving Units - Finally the album is almost ready. Sounds like everything The Rapture's Echoes should have been but wasn't. But please don't compare them to The Rapture.

Elkland - Waiting for an album. The band that opened for the Scissor Sisters and evidently blew them away. Should do; these kids are actually good.

Ashbury - Dance and cry at the same time. New EP on the way.

The Blood Arm - Album out now. Get it from their website; www.thebloodarm.com

... and I don't care if you're gay or straight, the new Rob Rives remix of The Magnetic Fields "I Thought You Were My Boyfriend" is universally danceworthy.


DON'T DANCE

Gang Gang Dance - The reissue of their earlier album and a new album both only on vinyl make me want to writhe around on the ground and squeeze my pillow really hard.

Midnight Movies - Just because they're on the same label that brought you that ungodly new Felix da Housecat album, doesn't mean they sound ANYTHING LIKE HIM. Rock and roll and sigh.