AREYOUFAMILIAR.BLOGSPOT.COM
WE'LL TAKE YOU DOWNTOWN 


Tuesday, November 01, 2005

2 Boys + 2 Girls = Really Good Time

Some time ago I posted a low-bitrate track by a Colorado-based band called Matson Jones. They now have a self-titled album out on Sympathy For The Record Industry -- moody, but energetic music made on two cellos, a bass, and drums. The five tracks I'm posting today are fantastic; these guys and girls deserve some coverage.

Yeah, these are low-bitrate once again, but in an attempt to keep with my "the indie bands gots'ta make their living" philosophy, I'm only posting what they've made available themselves. No ripping of the official CD.

Matson Jones - Italian Song
Matson Jones - A Bit of Arson Never Hurt Anyone
Matson Jones - S.E.P. Ruined My Life
Matson Jones - He Means Nothing, My Dear
Matson Jones - Welcome Back Mr. Audio-Technica (repost)

---

I'm sure we'll be hearing more about New Young Pony Club in the indie-dance-club-fuck-we're-cool-right-now scene soon (this is self-referrential, and completely ironic, OK?). They're hot -- if not just because of the cute name. I'm pretty sure Jaime will be into these tracks:

New Young Pony Club - Tight Fit
New Young Pony Club - Ice Cream
New Young Pony Club - Jerk Me (repost)

---

I've been away for a while, but it's good to be back. Just had a chat with some excellent producers down in NYC for some Paper Cranes remixes -- I'll post news on that as soon as it's all official.

For people who've been emailing me and/or sending me music: sit tight, I'm wading through my messages and I will get back to you.

Coming soon are new tunes from The Shocking Pinks (whom I've been 'caning for months now), and the rest of the shoegaze retrospective.

---

A couple links back to some new friends who've been sending hits this way:
Beat The Indie Drum, Black Balloon, Tuning.